Thursday, January 17, 2008

Prada, Chanel, Too Faced and More

Got in a HUGE ship yesterday and have been working on it like a mad woman!!! GREAT stuff came in!! Too Faced eyeshadows...LOVE the duos!! I would love a job naming cosmetics...or just colors. Some of the colors I got in are Suzy Ho Maker and Hollywood Ho Down! Who comes up with these names? It has to be a fun job!!!

I just uploaded 90 listings! Took me over 8 hours yesterday to do it! Business has been slow so hopefully it will pick up soon!

I am running a huge sale 35% off selected items in my store www.belasboutique.com I need to make room for new stuff in my warehouse!!! So hopefully this will help to sell some items that I have alot of.

I had someone file a dispute against me today. I have been working with this customer, they are in Thailand and their items it seems must be lost in the mail. It is very frustrating because it always feels like Ebay and Paypal are on the side of the customer. I realize the saying " The customer is always right" and I adhere to that but there are some instances that are out of my control. The United States Postal Service is one of those things that are out of my control. I am very careful with my packing, I ship within a few days most times next day after payment, but once I had the packages off to the mail lady, I really have no idea what happens to them and I cant help how they are handled, if they become damaged, lost or stolen. I encourage EVERYone to purchase shipping insurance. I have even gone as far as to now subscribing to a third party shipping insurance company because you can not insure 1st class international shipping thru the USPS, so with this company I can, I even upgraded my subscription last month to make the shipping insurance cheaper but everyone still declines it. So how can I be held responsible for something that happens in the mail? I have proof that I purchased the mailing label...why would someone spend the money for one and then not ship the items...I have incredible feedback, I am a very reputable seller, but now I have to wait for ebay's decision and which I am sure will go to the buyer, that seems to be what everyone says happens and I will not only be out the money but also the product. I understand why ebay does what they do, there are plenty of bad sellers out there that just take everyones money but its just really frustrating when I have been selling for as long as i have and my reputation doesnt seem to matter much. I have only had ONE other package go missing in three years of selling...I think thats a pretty good record and I have never had any sort of disupute filed against me. So we will see what happens.

I have been taking classes on how to improve my store. I have gotten it redesigned and I am now getting my About Me page redesigned along with my custom pages and my ebay blog. I am always looking for new ways to get my store up there on the search engines...hence the blogs!!! lol...I should just write in here about everything...its cheaper than a shrink I guess!

Anyway thats it for now!

No comments: